Friday 18 March 2011

FIRST EBAY PURCHASE

I have taken delivery of my first purchase today for the New Home. Not on the high priority list but on the list - so that's a start. Its a cute little two seater retro style sofa - I have it ear-marked for our bedroom under the windows. Needs recovering (loving that musty old fabric smell) - but will stay tucked away in storage until we move.

Which gives me lots of time to think about fabric. The room will eventually also need a new fabric bed head, roman blinds and potential a ottoman (space permitting). Unless I try very hard, I will end up covering everything in greige linen. Working up the courage for a bolder green floral fabric somewhere in the room and I think it could really work on the little sofa. Maybe something like Christopher Farr "Carnival" fabric (seen here in Darryl Gordon's apartment via Live Breathe Decor);


Or Peter Dunham "Fig Leaf" see here via Diane Bergeron.