Monday 15 August 2011

EBAY PURCHASES: CHAIR OVERLOAD

I am now officially long retro chairs.

I found a pair of these (very neglected) tub chairs on ebay and which have now arrived from the Gold Coast.


However before they arrived, I  found this pair of retro armchairs, with lines that reminded my very much of the original inspiration (here).


So now I have two sets of retro armchairs and as it turns out I love them both! I think the tub chairs are a better shape for the living room - as they pair well with the low charcoal couch - also purchased from ebay, but this time re-furbished by the clever people at EveryInch (heaps of great mid century and industrial stuff). I just need to spend some time working on the wood. It is going to take some serious effort to take it back to its former glory. Assuming this can be done, I am going to recover in a simply navy or dark khaki canvas.

 

That means retro wing-less wing back chairs are therefore destined for the guest bedroom. It will probably take me a while to get to the restoration of them, so plenty of time to mull over the fabric choices.