Wednesday 29 February 2012

HOLIDAY MARKET FINDS

On a pre-Christmas trip to visit family in Melbourne, I was lucky enough to have some time to wander around Camberwell markets early on the Sunday morning. I have only just brought my finds home as I couldn't carry them on the flight back on that trip, but we drove back down to Melbourne over the holidays.

This enamel basin was a bargain at $15. And is now holding the toilet paper rolls in the laundry (S.P. is much more accommodating of "junk" when it has a utility).



I couldn't go past a whole box of little green glass inkwells and managed to stop myself at three.

There is a regular stand selling old pots. Having been inspired by the concept of a "potting" table covered in small terracotta pots in the courtyard (here) - I stocked up on some small second hand pots. My in-laws thought I was mad!

On the drive home from our sumemr holiday, I convinced S.P. to stop in Berrima where the highlight was a visit to Peppergreen Antiques. Mrs B had told me how fabulous it was but add in a 50% off sale and I could have stayed there all day. There is every imaginable collection - linens, fabric, cutlery, glass, kitchenware. Room after room! I limited myself to some small moulds (which thought would make nice salt or butter dishes) and some linen checked napkins.