Thursday 22 March 2012

INSPIRATION: FLATWOVEN RUGS

While I wait for my chairs to come back from the upholster and my lampshades to be made, I am busy researching rugs for the master bedroom.

While I would dearly love an over dyed vintage piece (here), my budget is probably better suited to a flatwoven or sisal rug. The rug will sit under the bottom half of the king bed, so it needs to be about 200cm x 300cm. The bed has a steel dark grey green colour valance and bed head.

The rest of the room is very much WIP. The small couch is yet to be recovered. The bedside tables are still sporting their faux mahogany stain and I would like to upgrade the sun-burnt yellow pine drawers with something larger, darker and antique.

But back to the rugs. Natural Floorcovering has ready made rugs in grey (non-Belgian) sisal or a herringbone black & natural sisal.


World Weave has some nice natural and black geometric patterned jute rugs. They kindly sent samples in the post, but they are a lot more black and yellow than the colours below show.

Or a multi-textured, indigo and natural jute and wool jug. Could be interesting?

Complete Pad has some plain jute options, including this one in grey or silver.

Armadillo & Co also has a couple of options. Either the Masai flatweave in granite colour (too brown?)

Or something from their Designer Collection. Check out all the great colours here. These are more than twice the price of all the ones above, so I am going to exhaust those first.