Friday 16 March 2012

GUEST ROOM CHAIR

Remember this pair of chairs and this inspiration shot?


Well I am now in the process of recovering one of the pair for the guest room. The guest room is home to our old queen bed with beige bed head & white bedding, the blue & white lamps and painted bedside drawers and a wooden blanket box & bedside cupboard (imagine a mash-up of these two photos take years apart in different houses!).


Being a guest room I am on a fabric budget (less than $50 per sqm). I  looked at lots of blue and patterned fabrics from this Etsy store and the block prints from Pigott's Store. But chickened out on so much blue & white.





Then I saw this photo of a display in Piggott's Store and went in search for an apple green linen which I found but it turns out it doesn't work with the wooden elements of the rooms so that was also scrapped (but hopefully will find a home somewhere else one day).

I have ended up choosing French Grey fabric from No Chintz (fourth fabric from the top of the pile below) and will have white piping as per the inspiration photo. Can't wait to see the result from the upholsterer.

As for the rest of the fabrics: I think I will also splurge on getting some cushions made from the blue & white block prints (third fabric from the top). The linen on top is being used for a roman blind and the white is leftover from the master bedroom blinds and is being used from lampshades. The blue blanket was a gift from my Nonna and I have had the ticking Euro pillow cases for yonks.