Sunday 8 April 2012

INSPIRATION: GREEN & WHITE GARDENS

First up. I am no gardener. My father is has a fantastic garden. My mother-in-law has two very different but both beautiful gardens. I have a lot to learn. And while the garden destruction went well (here). Growing things is a completely different kettle of fish. I do however know what I like. Lots of green and white. Neat but not too formal. I like gardenias, hydrangeas, camellias, star jasmine and my favourite - little gem magnolias. Here are some inspiration photos which capture some of the elements I like.    
A house in the neighbourhood which sold just after ours. 
Camellia's as climbers (Sunday Life)
Star jasmine as a climber (Secret Gardens ad)
Star jasmine over a rock wall (House & Garden)
Gardenias and lots of green (House and Garden)
More gardenias (House and Garden)
All green garden beds (Secret Gardens)