Monday 25 February 2013

LINEN PRESS REFRESH

I inherited this pine linen press in the guest bathroom when we bought the New Home. It is a very useful place to stash towels (luckily  because it can't be moved out of the room). As part of my re-fresh of the guest bathroom I  also re-furbed this cupboard.
Inherited pine cupboard - Before
Inspired by some  photos I spied of dark cabinetry I decided to paint the linen press Dulux Domino in a high gloss finish. I thought about painting the inside white, but then went with the dark colour but decided to line the shelves with some Porter's Maharani wallpaper.

I was hoping to use a set of glass door knobs which I bought at the Chelsea Garage Market in New York (here) - but unfortunately one was too broken to use. So I have used a pair of black and white ceramic ones from Anthropologie. I am really pleased with the finished product.
Pine cupboard - After

Anthropologie door knobs



Porter's Maharani wallpaper as shelf liner
PS. Check out this amazing linen press on 47ParkAve.