Monday 11 February 2013

NEW YEAR, NEW KITCHEN SHELF DISPLAYS

To celebrate the new year I changed around the open shelving in the kitchen. The change was triggered by the absolutely tea-set by sister bought me for Christmas.

However I had no trouble finding enough white, pewter and glass items to fill out the shelves. The small sugar bowl was an impromptu present from my Nonna on my last visit. The cream and blue old floral plates were one of my purchases of "vintage" things - and I still love them. The old fowler jars with candles are one of many left-overs from our wedding table settings.









The enamel plates are also a recent purchase - in the last few months I have taken to buying old blue and white enamelware on ebay. I have developed quite a collection which has been put to work in the kitchen (great for BBQs) and the laundry. Stay tuned for more enamel - though I have heard S.P.'s suggestion that it might be time to stop!