Saturday 25 February 2012

AFTER: MAIN BATHROOM

After quite a lot of "palava" with the shower screen the main bathroom was completed a week before Christmas - the perfect present.

Plaster capping on top of subway tiles to chair-rail height. Hexagon carera marble tiles worth every cent.

The re-surfaced cast iron bath made its way back upstairs and looks fantastic with its original feet.

The custom marble-topped vanity is just large enough to hold all the bathroom clutter. Towels are in the linen press in the spare bathroom. I painted the vanity myself with Dulux Design Silk product in white. The finish is very matt which is unique for a bathroom, but actually quite practical because it wipes clean with a damp cloth very easily and is easier to touch up than a high gloss paint.



The vintage pendant light and vintage-style scone lights were sourced from this Etsy store and I think work fine.


And the mirror? The first "pie crust art deco mirror" sourced from Ebay turned out to be a dud, but the second one was a gem. Mr B tightened up all clasps (after I rubbed off the rust with steel wool), painted the mounting board white to blend in which the walls and mounted it on the wall (took three goes!).

I realise it is all a bit "vintage" but I think by keeping the palette all white, I just got away with it. New bathroom towels (Christmas present) complete the look and I treated myself to some bathroom accessories - vintage soap dishes and vanity trays - which I hope will arrive from the various Etsy sellers soon.