Tuesday 6 March 2012

RETRO CHAIR UPDATE

Time for an update on our retro chairs for the living room. I must admit that the project was delayed last year by the more important projects such as lighting, painting and the bathroom.

Anyway - it now has my full attention again. Mr B helped me pull the chairs apart, re-glued the frames where they were loose (and to repair the break in the leg after a certain accident where the chair was dropped!) and stripped back all the old foam and webbing which was water damaged. He also has polished up the frames and they are looking fantastic.


In the meantime, I have collected four vintage green / grey blankets from Etsy and Ebay. I like the ones with the stripes (which are vintage - and one is Australian Army from the 1940s) better than the plain one (which is new). Everything is now at the upholsterer and I can't wait to see in the finished product.