Thursday 8 March 2012

WIP: COURTYARD (POT PLANTS)

Some serious progress is being made in the courtyard and garden in the last month. Most of it involves clearing out dozens of over-grown plants. Which I might add is very therapeutic. There is some more ripping out to be done, and I am slowing starting to replant a few garden beds. It will be a long road to get it into shape.

Progress in the courtyard is somewhat quicker. My Christmas present from S.P. was pots and plants. So we headed out in the new year bought some old wine barrels from Ebay (I like their price and aged feel) and have planted some olive trees in them.

We also planted one with lots of herbs which we bought from our local markets.


Last time I was at HFOC they had piles of these old metal wash-tubs, which I planted up with some dwarf orange jasmine.


A couple of those second-hand terracotta pots which I dragged all the way from the Camberwell Markets (here) have been planted with succulents. The plaster finale was found in the back corner the garden when I was ripping out plants.