Monday 20 August 2012

WIP: COURTYARD WALLS

Before I headed off shopping and eating my way around New York, Boston and San Fran - I had some serious painting to do.

We are jinxed. In our Old Home we inherited courtyard walls which were bright blue and purple.

We repainted these a taupe-y colour during our time there.

The New Home also deep purple walls. But LOTS more of them - as they run all the way around the back courtyard and garden. Small sample below.

After completing the plant destruction process (here), my next task is to paint the walls. The slight complication with the colour selection process is that "one day" I plan to repaint the outside of the house (it is currently a slightly pinky-cream) to a more stone / neutral colour. The garden walls don't need to be the same colour as the house (in fact they will be much darker) but they do need to be the same tone.

I have settled on Porter's Stone Paint in French Grey with Dulux's Domino for the gates (and eventually the garage too).